State worker stole cash box donations in Delaware, police say
DOVER, Del. - October 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware Capitol Police have charged a state employee with stealing cash donations meant to support historical sites.
Officials announced Wednesday that 53-year-old Karen Isdell of Milford has been charged with four counts of theft.
Department of Safety and Homeland Security spokeswoman Kimberly Chandler says Isdell, a Division of Historical and Cultural Affairs employee, stole the cash over the period of a month.
Chandler says the cash was in donation boxes at several division sites, but she did not disclose how much authorities believe she took or how the alleged thefts were discovered.
Isdell was released on unsecured bail.
delaware news, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 34 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 33 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 14 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
22 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
15 min ago