State worker stole cash box donations in Delaware, police say
DOVER, Del. - October 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware Capitol Police have charged a state employee with stealing cash donations meant to support historical sites.
Officials announced Wednesday that 53-year-old Karen Isdell of Milford has been charged with four counts of theft.
Department of Safety and Homeland Security spokeswoman Kimberly Chandler says Isdell, a Division of Historical and Cultural Affairs employee, stole the cash over the period of a month.
Chandler says the cash was in donation boxes at several division sites, but she did not disclose how much authorities believe she took or how the alleged thefts were discovered.
Isdell was released on unsecured bail.
delaware news, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!