Search for attempted murder suspect in Newark
NEWARK, Del. - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police and multiple police departments are searching for an attempted murder suspect who is on the loose.
The suspect is identified as 20-year-old Marquel May.
The search began at approximately 4:15 p.m. Thursday when members of the Cecil County Drug Task Force attempted to stop a vehicle on Old Baltimore Pike in the area of South College Avenue in Newark. That's when, police say, May fled from the vehicle.
Police are concentrating their search to Welsh Tract Road in the area of South College Avenue.
Delaware State Police, New Castle County Police, Newark Police, and other agencies are conducting the search.
K-9 teams and Delaware State Police Aviation Helicopters have been brought in to assist.
May is described as a black male, approximately 5'9" tall, 150 pounds, and was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and jeans.
He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
delaware news, newark, del. news, homicide, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book