Search for attempted murder suspect in Newark
NEWARK, Del. - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police and multiple police departments are searching for an attempted murder suspect who is on the loose.
The suspect is identified as 20-year-old Marquel May.
The search began at approximately 4:15 p.m. Thursday when members of the Cecil County Drug Task Force attempted to stop a vehicle on Old Baltimore Pike in the area of South College Avenue in Newark. That's when, police say, May fled from the vehicle.
Police are concentrating their search to Welsh Tract Road in the area of South College Avenue.
Delaware State Police, New Castle County Police, Newark Police, and other agencies are conducting the search.
K-9 teams and Delaware State Police Aviation Helicopters have been brought in to assist.
May is described as a black male, approximately 5'9" tall, 150 pounds, and was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and jeans.
He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
delaware news, newark, del. news, homicide, local/state
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 27 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in...
47 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos