Search for attempted murder suspect in Newark
NEWARK, Del. - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police and multiple police departments are searching for an attempted murder suspect who is on the loose.
The suspect is identified as 20-year-old Marquel May.
The search began at approximately 4:15 p.m. Thursday when members of the Cecil County Drug Task Force attempted to stop a vehicle on Old Baltimore Pike in the area of South College Avenue in Newark. That's when, police say, May fled from the vehicle.
Police are concentrating their search to Welsh Tract Road in the area of South College Avenue.
Delaware State Police, New Castle County Police, Newark Police, and other agencies are conducting the search.
K-9 teams and Delaware State Police Aviation Helicopters have been brought in to assist.
May is described as a black male, approximately 5'9" tall, 150 pounds, and was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and jeans.
He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
delaware news, newark, del. news, homicide, local/state
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 25 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
25 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos