Search for attempted murder suspect in Newark
NEWARK, Del. - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police and multiple police departments are searching for an attempted murder suspect who is on the loose.
The suspect is identified as 20-year-old Marquel May.
The search began at approximately 4:15 p.m. Thursday when members of the Cecil County Drug Task Force attempted to stop a vehicle on Old Baltimore Pike in the area of South College Avenue in Newark. That's when, police say, May fled from the vehicle.
Police are concentrating their search to Welsh Tract Road in the area of South College Avenue.
Delaware State Police, New Castle County Police, Newark Police, and other agencies are conducting the search.
K-9 teams and Delaware State Police Aviation Helicopters have been brought in to assist.
May is described as a black male, approximately 5'9" tall, 150 pounds, and was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and jeans.
He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
delaware news, newark, del. news, homicide, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 53 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 16 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 2 min ago
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 9 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 58 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 17 min ago
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
53 min ago