Truck driver charged in crash that killed woman in Berks County
MAIDENCREEK, Pa. - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A tractor trailer driver faces vehicular homicide and other charges in a multi-vehicle crash that killed a woman and injured several people in Berks County.
Charges against Emilio Perez-Pazmino will be formally announced Friday afternoon by Berks County District Attorney John Adams.
Prosecutors say Perez-Pazmino was behind the wheel of a tractor-trailer that caused the October 22, 2012 crash on Route 222 in Maidencreek, Pa.
45-year-old Lauren Ann Boyer was killed and another motorist seriously injured.
WFMZ-TV reports that Perez-Pazmino will surrender to authorities within the next couple of days.
The charges against him include Homicide by Vehicle, Recklessly Endangering Another Person, Careless Driving, Driving Vehicle at Safe Speed, Involuntary Manslaughter and Aggravated Assault by Vehicle.
pennsylvania news, accident, berks county news, homicide, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands