13 injured in NJ Transit bus crash in Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are reporting that multiple people were injured in a crash involving a bus and two other vehicles in Atlantic City.
The accident was reported around 2:00 p.m. in the 1000 block of Arctic Avenue.
The vehicles involved included a New Jersey Transit bus, a Dodge Intrepid and an SUV.
According to NJ Transit spokesman William Smith, the SUV hit the Dodge, causing the car to rear-end a Route 504 bus.
Smith said the bus was stopped and picking up a wheelchair passenger when it was struck.
The chain reaction crash left the Dodge lodged between the SUV and the bus. Authorities tell Action News 13 people were injured and most of them were hospitalized in stable condition.
A father, travelling in the Dodge with his family, was hospitalized in critical condition. The extent of his injuries are unknown. The Route 504 NJ Transit bus runs between Atlantic City and Ventnor.
Police are still investigating what caused the crash.
new jersey news, atlantic city news, accident, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 22 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 57 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 48 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
57 min ago