13 injured in NJ Transit bus crash in Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are reporting that multiple people were injured in a crash involving a bus and two other vehicles in Atlantic City.
The accident was reported around 2:00 p.m. in the 1000 block of Arctic Avenue.
The vehicles involved included a New Jersey Transit bus, a Dodge Intrepid and an SUV.
According to NJ Transit spokesman William Smith, the SUV hit the Dodge, causing the car to rear-end a Route 504 bus.
Smith said the bus was stopped and picking up a wheelchair passenger when it was struck.
The chain reaction crash left the Dodge lodged between the SUV and the bus. Authorities tell Action News 13 people were injured and most of them were hospitalized in stable condition.
A father, travelling in the Dodge with his family, was hospitalized in critical condition. The extent of his injuries are unknown. The Route 504 NJ Transit bus runs between Atlantic City and Ventnor.
Police are still investigating what caused the crash.
new jersey news, atlantic city news, accident, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 18 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 33 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 18 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 13 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
33 min ago