13 injured in NJ Transit bus crash in Atlantic City
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are reporting that multiple people were injured in a crash involving a bus and two other vehicles in Atlantic City.
The accident was reported around 2:00 p.m. in the 1000 block of Arctic Avenue.
The vehicles involved included a New Jersey Transit bus, a Dodge Intrepid and an SUV.
According to NJ Transit spokesman William Smith, the SUV hit the Dodge, causing the car to rear-end a Route 504 bus.
Smith said the bus was stopped and picking up a wheelchair passenger when it was struck.
The chain reaction crash left the Dodge lodged between the SUV and the bus. Authorities tell Action News 13 people were injured and most of them were hospitalized in stable condition.
A father, travelling in the Dodge with his family, was hospitalized in critical condition. The extent of his injuries are unknown. The Route 504 NJ Transit bus runs between Atlantic City and Ventnor.
Police are still investigating what caused the crash.
new jersey news, atlantic city news, accident, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash in Collingdale 7 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?