Arrest made in South Philadelphia murder
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- The suspect accused of killing a young father over his backpack in South Philadelphia has been arrested.
21-year-old Tyreek McNeil was arrested for the shooting death of 22-year-old Jose Gabino Aparicio.
The shooting happened on September 26 on the 800 block of Watkins Street.
Police say the victim was shot in front of his brother-in-law's bakery after refusing to give up his bag.
Upon arrival, officers found Aparicio lying on the road, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
He was taken to Jefferson Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Two days later, police took McNeil into custody. He faces murder and related charged in connection to the crime.
Aparicio leaves behind a wife and a newborn child.
philadelphia news, south philadelphia news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ