Trooper trapped after cruiser struck in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A car crashed into a Delaware state trooper's vehicle in Wilmington.
It happened just before noon Friday on Marsh Road.
Officials say the driver of a Honda Accord was traveling east on the Washington Street Extension before losing control while making a turn onto Marsh Road.
The Accord hit the driver's side of the trooper's vehicle, which was stopped.
The trooper was briefly trapped.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital for minor injuries.
He has since been released.
delaware news, wilmington news, police, accident, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases