Driver arrested in Chester crash that killed 10-year-old boy
CHESTER, Pa. - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police arrested a driver in connection to a crash in Chester that left a 10-year-old boy dead.
27-year-old Johnathan Sharper was taken into custody on Friday.
The crash happened on June 17th.
Police say a black Monte Carlo and a red Ford F-350 pickup truck collided at 9th and Highland streets.
Both vehicles jumped the curb and the truck hit 10-year-old Rastafari Covert.
Covert's friend was hit by the Monte Carlo and sustained minor injuries.
Attempts were made to revive Covert at the scene but he later died.
Police have now charged Sharper with Homicide by Vehicle and DUI among other offenses. He was arraigned and bail has been set at $150,000.
Sharper's preliminary hearing is scheduled for October 22.
pennsylvania news, accident, child death, chester news, delaware county news, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book