Driver arrested in Chester crash that killed 10-year-old boy
CHESTER, Pa. - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police arrested a driver in connection to a crash in Chester that left a 10-year-old boy dead.
27-year-old Johnathan Sharper was taken into custody on Friday.
The crash happened on June 17th.
Police say a black Monte Carlo and a red Ford F-350 pickup truck collided at 9th and Highland streets.
Both vehicles jumped the curb and the truck hit 10-year-old Rastafari Covert.
Covert's friend was hit by the Monte Carlo and sustained minor injuries.
Attempts were made to revive Covert at the scene but he later died.
Police have now charged Sharper with Homicide by Vehicle and DUI among other offenses. He was arraigned and bail has been set at $150,000.
Sharper's preliminary hearing is scheduled for October 22.
pennsylvania news, accident, child death, chester news, delaware county news, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 38 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 15 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 7 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 11 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
2 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
11 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
17 min ago