Driver arrested in Chester crash that killed 10-year-old boy
CHESTER, Pa. - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police arrested a driver in connection to a crash in Chester that left a 10-year-old boy dead.
27-year-old Johnathan Sharper was taken into custody on Friday.
The crash happened on June 17th.
Police say a black Monte Carlo and a red Ford F-350 pickup truck collided at 9th and Highland streets.
Both vehicles jumped the curb and the truck hit 10-year-old Rastafari Covert.
Covert's friend was hit by the Monte Carlo and sustained minor injuries.
Attempts were made to revive Covert at the scene but he later died.
Police have now charged Sharper with Homicide by Vehicle and DUI among other offenses. He was arraigned and bail has been set at $150,000.
Sharper's preliminary hearing is scheduled for October 22.
pennsylvania news, accident, child death, chester news, delaware county news, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator