Man stabbed in the back on South Street
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - October 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating the stabbing of a man in South Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
The incident occurred around 2:30 a.m. in the 300 block of South Street.
Officials say a 19-year-old male was walking when he encountered a group of people.
The victim said he was trying to get by the crowd when he said "excuse me" to a female and put his on her waist to walk by.
An unknown male took offense and started arguing with the victim.
According to police, a fight broke out and the victim was stabbed while on the ground.
The victim told police, he was unable to see who stabbed him and someone sprayed mace in the crowd and everyone scattered.
He suffered a cut on the chin and four stab wounds to his back.
He was taken by ambulance to Jefferson University Hospital and is listed in serious condition.
The male the victim was fighting with is described as a black male, 28-30- years-old, slim build and a thin mustache.
Anyone with information should contact the Philadelphia Police.
stabbing, south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run