Man stabbed in the back on South Street
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - October 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating the stabbing of a man in South Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
The incident occurred around 2:30 a.m. in the 300 block of South Street.
Officials say a 19-year-old male was walking when he encountered a group of people.
The victim said he was trying to get by the crowd when he said "excuse me" to a female and put his on her waist to walk by.
An unknown male took offense and started arguing with the victim.
According to police, a fight broke out and the victim was stabbed while on the ground.
The victim told police, he was unable to see who stabbed him and someone sprayed mace in the crowd and everyone scattered.
He suffered a cut on the chin and four stab wounds to his back.
He was taken by ambulance to Jefferson University Hospital and is listed in serious condition.
The male the victim was fighting with is described as a black male, 28-30- years-old, slim build and a thin mustache.
Anyone with information should contact the Philadelphia Police.
stabbing, south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 36 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Eva Pilgrim on highway storm preparations
54 min ago
- Army, Navy teams compete in Rocky Relay
47 min ago