Woman killed after stepping in front of SEPTA bus in Olney
PHILADELPHIA - October 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 51-year-old woman was killed after she stepped off a curb and in front of a SEPTA bus in the city's Olney section Saturday morning.
The accident happened just after 6:00 a.m. when the Route 18 bus was travelling south on Rising Sun and made a right turn onto Olney Avenue.
The woman was crossing the street when she was struck and became trapped under the bus, officials say.
Crews worked for forty minutes trying to free the woman from under the front wheels but were unsuccessful reaching her.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Route 18 bus is the Fox Chase to Cedarbrook line.The victim's name has not been released.
Police continue to investigate.
accident, SEPTA, olney news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expressway crash 3 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep