Woman killed after stepping in front of SEPTA bus in Olney
PHILADELPHIA - October 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 51-year-old woman was killed after she stepped off a curb and in front of a SEPTA bus in the city's Olney section Saturday morning.
The accident happened just after 6:00 a.m. when the Route 18 bus was travelling south on Rising Sun and made a right turn onto Olney Avenue.
The woman was crossing the street when she was struck and became trapped under the bus, officials say.
Crews worked for forty minutes trying to free the woman from under the front wheels but were unsuccessful reaching her.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Route 18 bus is the Fox Chase to Cedarbrook line.The victim's name has not been released.
Police continue to investigate.
accident, SEPTA, olney news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 25 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 6 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
6 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
25 min ago