Teen dies after being shot near Frankford grocery store
PHILADELPHIA - October 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 17-year-old teen has died after he was shot near a grocery store in the city's Frankford section.
Gunfire erupted around 4:00 a.m. Saturday near the Sugar and Spice grocery store located on Frankford Avenue.
According to police, the teen was talking to a friend in the 1600 block of Foulkrod and Salem Streets when two males approached them and began shooting. They started running, along with a group of other people towards the 4700 block of Frankford Avenue.
The victim was struck once in the upper right back and chest area and collapsed. He was taken to Temple University Hospital for surgery and died later Saturday from his injuries.
So far, no word on any arrests or a motive.
shooting, teens, frankford news, philadelphia news, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man 32 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 36 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
36 min ago