18 runners hospitalized for heat exhaustion
LEHIGH, Pa. - October 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Saturday's unusual heat proved to be too much for 18 runners in the Lehigh Valley.
They had to be rushed to the hospital for heat exhaustion during a cross country meet at Lehigh University.
The Paul Short Race features collegiate and high school runners.
Officials said emergency crews were spread thin because of the weather.
Organizers stopped the event as a precautionary measure.
The runners are expected to be okay.
pennsylvania news, northampton county news, lehigh university, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police