18 runners hospitalized for heat exhaustion
LEHIGH, Pa. - October 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Saturday's unusual heat proved to be too much for 18 runners in the Lehigh Valley.
They had to be rushed to the hospital for heat exhaustion during a cross country meet at Lehigh University.
The Paul Short Race features collegiate and high school runners.
Officials said emergency crews were spread thin because of the weather.
Organizers stopped the event as a precautionary measure.
The runners are expected to be okay.
pennsylvania news, northampton county news, lehigh university, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 34 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
32 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos