Suspect found unconscious in Southwest Philadelphia standoff
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - October 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Southwest Philadelphia standoff ended after the suspect was found unconscious inside the home Sunday morning.
Police were called to a house on the 2600 block of South Daggett Street for reports of gunshots around 3:00 a.m.
After arriving officers heard gunfire, so SWAT teams responded and surrounded the home.
Police soon discovered a gunman had his wife and three children inside.
Authorities say the suspect's family were able to exit the home unharmed.
According to authorities, the suspect fired at least one shot at the officers.
None of the officers were hurt, but police say a man was shot in the leg. He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in an unknown condition. Reports indicate he may be a neighbor.
Police say at no point did the suspect try to communicate with officials.
SWAT officers sent in three robots to check the inside of the home and discovered the suspect unconscious in the bedroom.
The standoff came to an end when the gunman was taken into custody around 6:45 a.m.
philadelphia news, southwest philadelphia news, standoff, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ