Fire crews rescue dog from embankment in Pike Creek
PIKE CREEK, Del. - October 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Mill Creek Fire Company rescued a dog that fell down an embankment.
The incident happened around noon Sunday on the 1200 block of Elderon Street in Pike Creek.
A 15-year-old arthritic German Shepard fell about 30 feet down an embankment outside his owner's house.
The fire company responded and successfully removed the dog, named Zeus, and brought him to safety.
delaware news, dogs, rescue, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expressway crash 27 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep