Person struck, killed by Amtrak train in Glenolden
GLENOLDEN, Pa. - October 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are on the scene investigating after a person was struck and killed by an Amtrak train in Delaware County.
The call came out just before 3:00 p.m. Sunday at 103 South Glen Avenue near the Glenolden train station.
Police say the person died on impact.
The person who was hit was described as a 'trespasser' on the tracks by police.
The name of that person has not been released.
On its Twitter account, Amtrak said service was being delayed by police activity.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, train accident, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 12 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- No charges for FSU's Jameis Winston 52 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's