Person struck, killed by Amtrak train in Glenolden
GLENOLDEN, Pa. - October 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are on the scene investigating after a person was struck and killed by an Amtrak train in Delaware County.
The call came out just before 3:00 p.m. Sunday at 103 South Glen Avenue near the Glenolden train station.
Police say the person died on impact.
The person who was hit was described as a 'trespasser' on the tracks by police.
The name of that person has not been released.
On its Twitter account, Amtrak said service was being delayed by police activity.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, train accident, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered
- Winds Ease Overnight 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera 21 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 23 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
17 min ago