Man convicted in fatal Atlantic City street fight
MAYS LANDING, N.J. (WPVI) -- A southern New Jersey man has been convicted on aggravated manslaughter charges stemming from a fatal street fight in Atlantic City.
Manuel Concepcion Jr. was also convicted of weapons charges in the July 2011 attack on 45-year-old Ignacio Castro, who died about three weeks later from his wounds.
Atlantic County prosecutors say Concepcion stabbed Castro in the heart with scissors, but didn't say what spurred the brawl. The 34-year-old Atlantic City had denied delivering the fatal blow.
A witness testified that Concepcion left the scissors at the scene and asked him to dispose of them. Prosecutors said the witness tossed the scissors in an alley, but the handles broke off during the stabbing and were left behind.
Concepcion faces up to 30 years in prison when he's sentenced Nov. 21.
new jersey news, atlantic city news, homicide, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 13 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos