Alcohol poisoning killed Villanova University student, medical examiner says
VILLANOVA, Pa. - October 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Delaware County Medical Examiner has determined that an 18-year-old Villanova University student died from acute alcohol poisoning.
A classmate found the body of sophomore Kinara Patel in a dorm room at Sullivan Hall on the morning of August 29th.
Police said Patel, a business student, had been out with friends in Bryn Mawr the night before.
The death occurred just as classes were begining for the year at the university.
"While any death is heartbreaking, to lose someone this young is devastating," said Liz Kennedy Walsh, Associate Vice President for University Communication at Villanova. "And Kinara Patel, who was a sophomore in our School of Business, was really an important part of the university."
Patel, a native of Hackensack in North Jersey, attended high school at the Bergen County Acadamies, a public magnet high school.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, villanova, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 42 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 34 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 25 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
42 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
34 min ago