Mid-morning shooting in Frankford leaves man critical
FRANKFORD - October 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man is in critical condition following a shooting in Philadelphia's Frankford section.
It was just after 10:30 a.m. when police found the victim on the 5300 block of Oxford Avenue with a bullet wound to the chest.
The 29-year-old man was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center in critical condition.
Police are still trying to determine the location of the shooting.
There is no word on what touched off the shooting.
frankford news, philadelphia news, shooting, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 51 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 44 min ago
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
4 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos