Bones found in Ky. storage unit could be missing Del. woman
CORBIN, Ky. - October 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Kentucky and Delaware are trying to determine whether human bones found inside a storage unit in southeastern Kentucky are the remains of a Delaware woman reported missing in 1997.
The bones were found Thursday by a man who bought the contents of the storage unit in Corbin, Ky., at auction after the death earlier this year of the man who had rented the unit. The bones are being analyzed.
A spokesman for the New Castle County police department in Delaware confirmed Friday that authorities there are working with Kentucky officials to determine whether the bones are those of Doris A. Wood. The 42-year-old Newark, Del., woman was last seen in July 1997.
Wood was married to Robert A. Wood, who once lived in Corbin and died in May at an Alabama hospital.
Information from: Lexington Herald-Leader, http://www.kentucky.com
delaware news, kentucky, body found, missing person, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands