Bones found in Ky. storage unit could be missing Del. woman
CORBIN, Ky. - October 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Kentucky and Delaware are trying to determine whether human bones found inside a storage unit in southeastern Kentucky are the remains of a Delaware woman reported missing in 1997.
The bones were found Thursday by a man who bought the contents of the storage unit in Corbin, Ky., at auction after the death earlier this year of the man who had rented the unit. The bones are being analyzed.
A spokesman for the New Castle County police department in Delaware confirmed Friday that authorities there are working with Kentucky officials to determine whether the bones are those of Doris A. Wood. The 42-year-old Newark, Del., woman was last seen in July 1997.
Wood was married to Robert A. Wood, who once lived in Corbin and died in May at an Alabama hospital.
Information from: Lexington Herald-Leader, http://www.kentucky.com
delaware news, kentucky, body found, missing person, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 3 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 48 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 6 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
50 min ago