2 found guilty in slaying of Danny DeGennaro
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - October 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two New Jersey men have been convicted in the shooting death of a popular Philadelphia-area musician in December 2011.
The Intelligencer said a Bucks County jury on Monday found 21-year-old Breon Powell and 19-year-old Kazair Gist guilty of first- and second-degree murder and related counts in the killing of musician Danny DeGennaro at his Levittown home.
DeGennaro was well-known in the local music scene and played guitar with national acts including Billy Squier and Bo Diddley.
A jury in May found 20-year-old Jermaine Jackson of Trenton guilty of second-degree murder. Authorities said he masterminded the home invasion robbery. He was sentenced to life in prison.
Two other young people accused of taking part in the crime cooperated with prosecutors.
Information from: The Intelligencer, http://www.phillyburbs.com
bucks county news, pennsylvania news, homicide, trial, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 37 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success' 49 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
37 min ago