Woman struck and killed crossing highway in Gloucester County identified
MONROE TWP., N.J. - October 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the woman struck and killed crossing a highway in Monroe Township Monday night.
54-year-old Susan Pollart of Collingswood, N.J. died after being struck by a black Chrysler PT Cruiser just before 10:30 p.m. on the South Black Horse Pike (Route 322) near Corkery Lane.
The driver, 22-year-old Michael Sponagle, Jr. of Riverside, N.J., stopped after the collision and spoke with investigators.
Police say Pollart was crossing a poorly lit section of the highway near a Wawa store, several hundred feet away from the nearest traffic light.
So far, no charges or citations have been issued.
The investigation continues.
accident, pedestrian struck, gloucester county news, new jersey news, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 9 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death 19 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance 8 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Central Pa. man arrested for 2 DUIs in 2 hours 37 min ago
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's