Woman struck and killed crossing highway in Gloucester County identified
MONROE TWP., N.J. - October 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the woman struck and killed crossing a highway in Monroe Township Monday night.
54-year-old Susan Pollart of Collingswood, N.J. died after being struck by a black Chrysler PT Cruiser just before 10:30 p.m. on the South Black Horse Pike (Route 322) near Corkery Lane.
The driver, 22-year-old Michael Sponagle, Jr. of Riverside, N.J., stopped after the collision and spoke with investigators.
Police say Pollart was crossing a poorly lit section of the highway near a Wawa store, several hundred feet away from the nearest traffic light.
So far, no charges or citations have been issued.
The investigation continues.
accident, pedestrian struck, gloucester county news, new jersey news, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 48 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 29 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
29 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
48 min ago