Woman struck and killed crossing highway in Gloucester County identified
MONROE TWP., N.J. - October 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the woman struck and killed crossing a highway in Monroe Township Monday night.
54-year-old Susan Pollart of Collingswood, N.J. died after being struck by a black Chrysler PT Cruiser just before 10:30 p.m. on the South Black Horse Pike (Route 322) near Corkery Lane.
The driver, 22-year-old Michael Sponagle, Jr. of Riverside, N.J., stopped after the collision and spoke with investigators.
Police say Pollart was crossing a poorly lit section of the highway near a Wawa store, several hundred feet away from the nearest traffic light.
So far, no charges or citations have been issued.
The investigation continues.
accident, pedestrian struck, gloucester county news, new jersey news, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 7 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show