Pickup truck plunges into creek in Vineland, New Jersey
VINELAND, N.J. - October 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A motorist is recovering after his pick-up truck plunged into a creek in Cumberland County.
It happened at 12:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 2500 block of Weymouth Road in Vineland, near Willow Grove Lake.
First responders arrived to find the truck partially submerged and the driver unconscious.
They were able to reach the man, extricate him from the vehicle and get him to the hospital. There was no immediate word on his condition.
It took crews about 6 hours to pull the truck from the water.
Police are working to determine what caused the driver to lose control.
new jersey news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 54 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ