Corbett: No more to say about gay marriage remark
YORK, Pa. - October 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett says he's said all he's going to say about his statement comparing gay marriage to sibling marriage.
The Republican was asked repeatedly about his comments Tuesday during an impromptu news conference after touring a Caterpillar Inc. facility in the York suburbs.
In a TV interview last week, he said sibling marriage was a better analogy to gay marriage than two children marrying.
Corbett says he has publicly apologized and that his apology was heartfelt. He says he can't control whether people accept it or not.
The first-term governor is up for re-election next year.
pennsylvania news, gay marriage, gov. tom corbett, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 10 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 33 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police