Suspect in beating of blind man identified, still loose
GERMANTOWN - October 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have identified the suspect wanted in the assault of a 33-year-old blind man in Germantown.
Mustafa Guyton, 29, lives near the crime scene, which was in the area of Seymour Street and Wayne Avenue.
This comes after police released more video in this case, hoping it will led to an arrest.
The assault happened shortly after 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 2nd.
In a news release issued Tuesday, police said the blind man is a 33-year-old who was walking on Seymour Street toward Wayne Avenue.
The suspect, identified by police as Guyton, is seen standing on the corner and, on the video, he appears to look down the street as the victim approaches.
The suspect knocks the victim to the ground then kicks and stomps him, injuring his face and head.
As the camera continues to roll, the suspect is seen slowly walking away, putting a backpack over his shoulder as he leaves.
Police did not indicate any possible motive for the attack.
On the video, several people are seen walking by but no one stops to help.
Police say Guyton was wearing a tan baseball cap, tan shirt, khaki pants and a dark-colored backpack.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, germantown news, assault, local/state
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
3 min ago