Suspect in beating of blind man identified, still loose
GERMANTOWN - October 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have identified the suspect wanted in the assault of a 33-year-old blind man in Germantown.
Mustafa Guyton, 29, lives near the crime scene, which was in the area of Seymour Street and Wayne Avenue.
This comes after police released more video in this case, hoping it will led to an arrest.
The assault happened shortly after 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 2nd.
In a news release issued Tuesday, police said the blind man is a 33-year-old who was walking on Seymour Street toward Wayne Avenue.
The suspect, identified by police as Guyton, is seen standing on the corner and, on the video, he appears to look down the street as the victim approaches.
The suspect knocks the victim to the ground then kicks and stomps him, injuring his face and head.
As the camera continues to roll, the suspect is seen slowly walking away, putting a backpack over his shoulder as he leaves.
Police did not indicate any possible motive for the attack.
On the video, several people are seen walking by but no one stops to help.
Police say Guyton was wearing a tan baseball cap, tan shirt, khaki pants and a dark-colored backpack.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, germantown news, assault, local/state
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom talks
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 46 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 30 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash