Suspect in beating of blind man identified, still loose
GERMANTOWN - October 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have identified the suspect wanted in the assault of a 33-year-old blind man in Germantown.
Mustafa Guyton, 29, lives near the crime scene, which was in the area of Seymour Street and Wayne Avenue.
This comes after police released more video in this case, hoping it will led to an arrest.
The assault happened shortly after 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 2nd.
In a news release issued Tuesday, police said the blind man is a 33-year-old who was walking on Seymour Street toward Wayne Avenue.
The suspect, identified by police as Guyton, is seen standing on the corner and, on the video, he appears to look down the street as the victim approaches.
The suspect knocks the victim to the ground then kicks and stomps him, injuring his face and head.
As the camera continues to roll, the suspect is seen slowly walking away, putting a backpack over his shoulder as he leaves.
Police did not indicate any possible motive for the attack.
On the video, several people are seen walking by but no one stops to help.
Police say Guyton was wearing a tan baseball cap, tan shirt, khaki pants and a dark-colored backpack.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, germantown news, assault, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 22 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 49 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 43 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 41 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
43 min ago