Suspect in beating of blind man identified, still loose
GERMANTOWN - October 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have identified the suspect wanted in the assault of a 33-year-old blind man in Germantown.
Mustafa Guyton, 29, lives near the crime scene, which was in the area of Seymour Street and Wayne Avenue.
This comes after police released more video in this case, hoping it will led to an arrest.
The assault happened shortly after 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 2nd.
In a news release issued Tuesday, police said the blind man is a 33-year-old who was walking on Seymour Street toward Wayne Avenue.
The suspect, identified by police as Guyton, is seen standing on the corner and, on the video, he appears to look down the street as the victim approaches.
The suspect knocks the victim to the ground then kicks and stomps him, injuring his face and head.
As the camera continues to roll, the suspect is seen slowly walking away, putting a backpack over his shoulder as he leaves.
Police did not indicate any possible motive for the attack.
On the video, several people are seen walking by but no one stops to help.
Police say Guyton was wearing a tan baseball cap, tan shirt, khaki pants and a dark-colored backpack.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, germantown news, assault, local/state
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 42 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 37 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 17 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- Photos: The Headhouse District's Winter Wonderland 54 min ago
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
17 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
42 min ago