Suspect in beating of blind man identified, still loose
GERMANTOWN - October 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have identified the suspect wanted in the assault of a 33-year-old blind man in Germantown.
Mustafa Guyton, 29, lives near the crime scene, which was in the area of Seymour Street and Wayne Avenue.
This comes after police released more video in this case, hoping it will led to an arrest.
The assault happened shortly after 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 2nd.
In a news release issued Tuesday, police said the blind man is a 33-year-old who was walking on Seymour Street toward Wayne Avenue.
The suspect, identified by police as Guyton, is seen standing on the corner and, on the video, he appears to look down the street as the victim approaches.
The suspect knocks the victim to the ground then kicks and stomps him, injuring his face and head.
As the camera continues to roll, the suspect is seen slowly walking away, putting a backpack over his shoulder as he leaves.
Police did not indicate any possible motive for the attack.
On the video, several people are seen walking by but no one stops to help.
Police say Guyton was wearing a tan baseball cap, tan shirt, khaki pants and a dark-colored backpack.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, germantown news, assault, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 35 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 53 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 12 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 36 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos