Woman arrested in Taser robberies, man sought
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say one half of the duo using Tasers to rob their victims is in custody.
Philadelphia Police say 19-year-old Mary Jefferies and a man used a stun gun to zap people as they walked down the street and then robbed them.
They happened in the Fishtown area and date back to August.
Police are still trying to identify the man seen in surveillance video with Jefferies.
The first robbery occurred on August 11, 2013 along the 1200 Leopard Street. The second happened along the 6600 block of Castor Avenue on August 13th. Then on August 20th, the duo allegedly struck again at the intersection of C and Louden Streets.
On August 27th police say the male suspect was alone when he robbed a victim on the 800 block of East Wyoming Avenue. However, investigators believe the female suspect was in a car nearby.
The most recent and most violent incident happened on September 2nd on the 100 block of West Girard Avenue, in which the victim was stabbed.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
northeast philadelphia news, philadelphia news, philadelphia police, stabbing, robbery, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death 44 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos