Bail reduced for former Philadelphia priest accused of sex abuse
PHILADELPHIA - October 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- The bail for a former Philadelphia priest, accused of child sex abuse, was reduced from $1 million to $50,000 on Tuesday.
Robert Brennan, 75, posted bail after a hearing, Action News has learned.
As a condition of his release he is allowed to leave the state but not the country.
Brennan was charged after a former altar boy came forward, saying Brennan molested him over a period of three years.
Brennan was arrested at his home in Maryland and brought back to Philadelphia in late September.
The alleged victim says the incidents started in 1998, when he was just 11 years old.
Brennan was tied to suspicious activity with 20 boys in a grand jury report from 2005 but was never charged due to a statute of limitations.
The Archdiocese says that Brennan's duties were restricted after that report.
philadelphia news, philadelphia archdiocese, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 58 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 14 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 12 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 16 min ago
- NJ Transit bus crashes into building, 9 injured 4 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 6 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
14 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos