All-clear given at Princeton University after gunshots reported
PRINCETON, N.J. - October 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have given the all-clear at Princeton University after reports of gunfire Tuesday night.
At approximately 7:55 p.m., the University's Department of Public Safety received a report of shots fired in Nassau Hall.
Princeton University tweeted the following, "Public safety has received a report of gunshots at Nassau Hall. Princeton Police responded; no one hurt. DPS says avoid area."
The University sent out an emergency alert informing the community about the incident.
The all-clear was given around 10:30 p.m.
No injuries were reported.
Officers from DPS, Princeton Police Department, and the Mercer County Sheriff's office are investigating.
new jersey news, princeton news, shooting, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 8 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years 26 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 36 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire