Woman's body pulled from Schuylkill River in Fairmount Park
FAIRMOUNT PARK - October 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have recovered a woman's body from the Schuylkill River in Fairmount Park.
The first call to police came after 8:00 a.m. Wednesday.
Someone reported seeing a person in the water near the Falls Bridge.
Arriving first responders found the body farther down the river, off the 4200 block of Kelly Drive.
The body, said to be that of a white female 20-30 years old, was recovered by boat and brought up on the boat ramp near the Strawberry Mansion Bridge.
Investigators are working to determine the woman's identity and how she died.
philadelphia news, body found, fairmount park, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 20 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 29 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 47 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos