Distracted driving blamed in Franconia crash
FRANCONIA, Pa. - October 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say distracted driving led to a multi-vehicle crash in Franconia, Montgomery County Wednesday morning.
The accident happened just before 6:30 a.m. at the intersection of Allentown and Delp roads.
A Honda Accord was traveling southbound on Allentown Road in the area of Delp Road when it stopped to turn into a driveway. That's when a Honda Pilot traveling behind the Accord rear-ended the car.
The Accord then hit a vehicle traveling north on Allentown Road. That vehicle went off the roadway, onto someone's front lawn, and almost into a home.
Investigators say the driver of the Pilot was distracted by a cell phone and was cited for careless driving.
No injuries have been reported.
montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, accident, cell phones, local/state
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 33 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
33 min ago