Man injured in an accident at New Jersey accident show
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - October 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- An accident has taken place at an accident reconstruction convention - but not intentionally.
The Press of Atlantic City reports that a man participating in the annual convention of accident reconstructionists was hurt during a car crash re-enactment when a cable came loose and struck him in the abdomen.
Russell Strickland of Cincinnati was acting as a radio operator for an experiment to crash two cars at medium speeds in a controlled environment when the accident occurred. Strickland was badly bruised but did not break any bones. He is expected to be released from the hospital Thursday.
Accident reconstructionists were meeting from across the United States and Canada at their annual convention, which this year is being held in Atlantic City.
The accident happened at Bader Field Wednesday afternoon.
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com
atlantic city news, atlantic county news, new jersey news, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 14 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 11 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- SEPTA announces strike contingency plan 31 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant 32 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
14 min ago