New Jersey man found dead, covered in concrete
JERSEY CITY, N.J. - October 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Law enforcement officials say the decomposed body of a man found dead in his Jersey City apartment was covered with a pile of clothing and concrete.
Hudson County Prosecutor's Office spokesman Gene Rubino tells The Jersey Journal that city fire officials responded to a call around 3:35 p.m. Tuesday to check on the well-being of a 66-year-old man in a Jersey City apartment building.
Rubino says fire officials forced their way into the apartment and found the man's body piled with clothes and covered with hardened concrete.
Rubino says the man was pronounced dead at the scene and his name has not been released pending family notification.
Neighbors describe the man as quiet, genial and educated and a fan of rock 'n' roll and jazz "oldies."
Information from: The Jersey Journal (Jersey City, N.J.), http://www.nj.com/jjournal
new jersey news, body found, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 39 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 30 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
39 min ago