New Jersey man found dead, covered in concrete
JERSEY CITY, N.J. - October 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Law enforcement officials say the decomposed body of a man found dead in his Jersey City apartment was covered with a pile of clothing and concrete.
Hudson County Prosecutor's Office spokesman Gene Rubino tells The Jersey Journal that city fire officials responded to a call around 3:35 p.m. Tuesday to check on the well-being of a 66-year-old man in a Jersey City apartment building.
Rubino says fire officials forced their way into the apartment and found the man's body piled with clothes and covered with hardened concrete.
Rubino says the man was pronounced dead at the scene and his name has not been released pending family notification.
Neighbors describe the man as quiet, genial and educated and a fan of rock 'n' roll and jazz "oldies."
Information from: The Jersey Journal (Jersey City, N.J.), http://www.nj.com/jjournal
new jersey news, body found, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases