Teen charged with rape of 12-year-old boy
NEW CASTLE, Del. - October 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police have charged an 18-year-old man with raping a 12-year-old boy.
Officers say Bruce Cherry of New Castle was arrested Tuesday and charged with rape, unlawful imprisonment and other offenses.
Police received a report of alleged sexual abuse Tuesday night in New Castle.
Officers say Cherry is an acquaintance of the boy.
Additional details about the case were not released to protect the identity of the victim.
Cherry was ordered to have no contact with the victim and was also ordered to have no unsupervised contact with anyone under the age of 18.
He is being held on $113,000 cash bail.
delaware news, new castle county news, child sex assault, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands