Teen charged with rape of 12-year-old boy
NEW CASTLE, Del. - October 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police have charged an 18-year-old man with raping a 12-year-old boy.
Officers say Bruce Cherry of New Castle was arrested Tuesday and charged with rape, unlawful imprisonment and other offenses.
Police received a report of alleged sexual abuse Tuesday night in New Castle.
Officers say Cherry is an acquaintance of the boy.
Additional details about the case were not released to protect the identity of the victim.
Cherry was ordered to have no contact with the victim and was also ordered to have no unsupervised contact with anyone under the age of 18.
He is being held on $113,000 cash bail.
delaware news, new castle county news, child sex assault, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected 29 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 6 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
32 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos