Driver crashes into utility poles on Roosevelt Boulevard
PHILADELPHIA - October 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver was injured after crashing into utility poles and landing on a sidewalk on Roosevelt Boulevard early Thursday morning.
The accident happened just past 3:00 a.m. in the city's Summerdale section.
A 25-year-old man lost control of his car and hit two utility poles on the southbound lanes of the Boulevard near Adams Avenue.
Crews had to extricate him from the vehicle and he suffered multiple injuries, police say.
He was taken to Einstein Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
His name has not been released.
accident, roosevelt boulevard, summerdale news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ