Driver crashes into utility poles on Roosevelt Boulevard
PHILADELPHIA - October 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver was injured after crashing into utility poles and landing on a sidewalk on Roosevelt Boulevard early Thursday morning.
The accident happened just past 3:00 a.m. in the city's Summerdale section.
A 25-year-old man lost control of his car and hit two utility poles on the southbound lanes of the Boulevard near Adams Avenue.
Crews had to extricate him from the vehicle and he suffered multiple injuries, police say.
He was taken to Einstein Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
His name has not been released.
accident, roosevelt boulevard, summerdale news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids