Suspect sought in violent attempted robbery in Bustleton
BUSTLETON - October 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking to identify the suspect who tried to rob a 65-year-old man at gunpoint at an ATM in the city's Bustleton section.
It was 8:14 p.m. back on September 20th when the victim went to make a withdrawal from an ATM machine at the First Niagara Bank on the 9700 Bustleton Avenue.
Surveillance footage shows the suspect approach the victim from behind, and within seconds the suspect had a handgun shoved into the victim's chest.
Police say when the victim resisted the suspect's demands for cash, the gunman pistol whipped the man in the head, knocking him to the ground.
The suspect then fled the scene in a silver Ford Taurus. He is described as a black male, 30 years-of-age, 6'0?, wearing a black baseball cap, dark colored leather jacket and sneakers.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, robbery, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos