Man in wheelchair hit by truck in Pleasantville
PLEASANTVILLE, N.J. - October 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man in a wheelchair was seriously injured after he was hit by a truck on Thursday morning in Pleasantville, New Jersey.
The crash happened around 10:15 a.m. at the intersection of Black Horse Pike and New Road.
Police say Kevin McCarten, 44, was in his wheelchair when he was hit and dragged by a tractor trailer, which was moving at a slow speed.
McCarten was conscious and alert when he was rushed to the hospital, medics said.
The driver of the truck, only identified as a man from Pennsylvania, was not injured.
Police said they are gathering video evidence and witness statements as this investigation continues. No charges have been filed so far.
new jersey news, atlantic county news, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man