1 dead, 1 injured in head-on crash in Mongomery County, Pa.
Lafayette Hill, Pa. - October 11 2013 (WPVI) -- One person was killed and another was seriously injured in a head-on crash in Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania late Thursday night.
The accident occurred around 11:00 p.m. along the 9200 block of Ridge Pike.
Springfield Township police say the driver of a 2010 Camry was heading west when he lost control and struck a 2005 Camry in the eastbound lanes.
The driver of the 2010 Camry was pronounced dead at Temple University Hospital.
The driver of the 2005 Camry was hospitalized in critical condition.
Police have not released the names of the victims.
Investigators say speed and weather were factors in the accidents, which left Ridge Pike shutdown for about six hours.
The crash remains under investigation.
accident, montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos