1 dead, 1 injured in head-on crash in Mongomery County, Pa.
Lafayette Hill, Pa. - October 11 2013 (WPVI) -- One person was killed and another was seriously injured in a head-on crash in Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania late Thursday night.
The accident occurred around 11:00 p.m. along the 9200 block of Ridge Pike.
Springfield Township police say the driver of a 2010 Camry was heading west when he lost control and struck a 2005 Camry in the eastbound lanes.
The driver of the 2010 Camry was pronounced dead at Temple University Hospital.
The driver of the 2005 Camry was hospitalized in critical condition.
Police have not released the names of the victims.
Investigators say speed and weather were factors in the accidents, which left Ridge Pike shutdown for about six hours.
The crash remains under investigation.
accident, montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man