University City hit-and-run caught on video, driver sought
UNIVERSITY CITY - October 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have released video of a Thursday night hit-and-run as the search continues for the driver.
It happened around 7:30 p.m. in the 3800 block of Spruce Street.
The victim, identified as 22-year-old Monae Mosey, was riding her bike on her way to CHOP to visit her sick child.
Surveillance video shows that Mosey had fallen off her bike and was attempting to get up when she was hit by a car travelling westbound.
The driver of the vehicle kept going.
Fortunately another passerby rushed to help Mosey and she was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
The car is described as a dark four-door sedan with a light-colored out-of-state or vanity plate on the front.
The vehicle may have possible damage to the left front fender or bumper.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, university city, pedestrian struck, hit and run, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 13 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 56 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 26 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
13 min ago