Search ongoing for missing hunter in southern NJ
BASS RIVER, N.J. - October 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities continue to search for an elderly man who went missing while hunting at a park in southern New Jersey last week.
State police say it appears that 74-year-old Barnett Zeldin of Mays Landing was hunting by himself at the Warren Grove Recreation Area, a 617-acre parcel of undeveloped wilderness in Burlington and Ocean counties.
Zeldin was reported missing Friday, and authorities believe he was in the Burlington County side of the park when he disappeared. But an exhaustive search of the area over the weekend produced few clues.
Zeldin is described as a white male, 5'7," approximately 140-160 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.
Anyone with information is urged to contact New Jersey State Police at (609) 296-3132.
new jersey news, burlington county news, missing person, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 54 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 19 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 11 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
11 min ago