Fleeing motorcyclist runs over Philadelphia officer's foot
CENTER CITY - October 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A traffic stop ended with a Philadelphia police officer having to go to the hospital.
The incident began around 9:00 p.m. Saturday at 3rd and South streets in Center City.
Authorities say a Philadelphia police officer on foot patrol stopped two motorists for traffic violations.
While the officer was speaking with one of the motorcyclists, the other one went to flee.
Investigators say the motorcyclist then ran over the officer's foot.
The officer, however, managed to corral the biker before he could get away.
The officer was treated for minor injuries at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
The motorcyclist is facing various charges including aggravated assault.
The other biker cooperated with police and was released.
philadelphia news, center city news, police, motorcycles, accident, local/state
- At least 16 hurt in East Harlem building explosion 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 1 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 45 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 35 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
17 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
13 min ago