Fleeing motorcyclist runs over Philadelphia officer's foot
CENTER CITY - October 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A traffic stop ended with a Philadelphia police officer having to go to the hospital.
The incident began around 9:00 p.m. Saturday at 3rd and South streets in Center City.
Authorities say a Philadelphia police officer on foot patrol stopped two motorists for traffic violations.
While the officer was speaking with one of the motorcyclists, the other one went to flee.
Investigators say the motorcyclist then ran over the officer's foot.
The officer, however, managed to corral the biker before he could get away.
The officer was treated for minor injuries at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
The motorcyclist is facing various charges including aggravated assault.
The other biker cooperated with police and was released.
philadelphia news, center city news, police, motorcycles, accident, local/state
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 26 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 7 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million