NJ police sergeant dies in single-vehicle crash
PITTSGROVE TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - October 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southern New Jersey police sergeant has died in a single-vehicle auto accident in Cumberland County.
The Bridgeton police department tells South Jersey News that Sgt. Christopher Blackburn was driving early Saturday morning northeast of Bridgeton when his 2006 Ford Explorer hit a utility pole.
The accident occurred at about 12:45 a.m.
State police were investigating the accident.
new jersey news, cumberland county news, accident, police officer killed, police, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 29 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 49 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape 6 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
29 min ago
- Dead body found during Easter egg hunt
24 min ago