NJ police sergeant dies in single-vehicle crash
PITTSGROVE TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - October 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southern New Jersey police sergeant has died in a single-vehicle auto accident in Cumberland County.
The Bridgeton police department tells South Jersey News that Sgt. Christopher Blackburn was driving early Saturday morning northeast of Bridgeton when his 2006 Ford Explorer hit a utility pole.
The accident occurred at about 12:45 a.m.
State police were investigating the accident.
new jersey news, cumberland county news, accident, police officer killed, police, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 7 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 6 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 30 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 8 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
4 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
6 min ago