NJ police sergeant dies in single-vehicle crash
PITTSGROVE TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - October 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southern New Jersey police sergeant has died in a single-vehicle auto accident in Cumberland County.
The Bridgeton police department tells South Jersey News that Sgt. Christopher Blackburn was driving early Saturday morning northeast of Bridgeton when his 2006 Ford Explorer hit a utility pole.
The accident occurred at about 12:45 a.m.
State police were investigating the accident.
new jersey news, cumberland county news, accident, police officer killed, police, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)