Crews extinguish fire at NE Philadelphia nursing home
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - October 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews were called to battle a fire inside a Northeast Philadelphia nursing home.
It happened around 2:00 p.m. Sunday at the Rivers Edge Nursing Home on State Road.
Initial reports indicate that there was a small fire in one of the rooms.
Residents in that wing were evacuated while crews extinguished the flames.
The fire was placed under control within 10 minutes.
No one was injured.
philadelphia news, northeast philadelphia news, fire, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 41 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 57 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
58 min ago