Barricade situation ends peacefully in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a barricade situation in North Philadelphia ended peacefully on Monday morning.
It all started around 9:30 Sunday morning inside a home on the 1800 block of Willington Street.
Police say the 26-year-old man involved had been holed up in the home and officers believed he was suicidal.
Some neighbors had been locked down during the incident, but that lockdown has since been lifted.
Temple University confirms that the man is a student.
philadelphia news, north philadelphia news, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 41 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 43 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 47 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 49 min ago
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield 24 min ago
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 45 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
41 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
43 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for...
47 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
15 min ago