Barricade situation ends peacefully in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a barricade situation in North Philadelphia ended peacefully on Monday morning.
It all started around 9:30 Sunday morning inside a home on the 1800 block of Willington Street.
Police say the 26-year-old man involved had been holed up in the home and officers believed he was suicidal.
Some neighbors had been locked down during the incident, but that lockdown has since been lifted.
Temple University confirms that the man is a student.
philadelphia news, north philadelphia news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 40 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ