Dog found beaten, tied to tree in Poconos
STROUDSBURG, Pa. - October 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- An animal shelter in the Poconos is caring for a dog that was found beaten and tied to a tree.
The 3-year-old dog, Lacey, is now in the care of the Animal Welfare Society in Stroudsburg.
Workers there say the 'puggle' mix was found full of fleas and had bruises all over her body.
She was recovered last week, but it will be a few more weeks before she can be adopted.
Shelter workers say they have identified Lacey's owner through her microchip.
However, no charges have been filed.
pennsylvania news, animal rescue, animals, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police