2nd teen charged in videotaped beating on Delaware County school van
CHESTER, Pa. - October 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned a second student has been charged in connection with a videotaped beating on a Delaware County school van.
The male was apprehended Wednesday and taken to the Delaware County Juvenile Detention Center.
This comes a day after another teen was arrested.
Charges against a possible third person involved in the case remain under investigation.
The incident happened Wednesday, October 9th, aboard a Southeast Delco School District van.
17-year-old Dylan Fonner, a friend who was sitting next to him, and three other students were headed home from their school, The Delaware County Alternative High School.
Investigators say those three students, a couple of 16-year-old boys and a girl, recorded video for several minutes as they picked on Dylan and his friend.
Near the end of the 7 minute video was the punch that caused the Sharon Hill teenager's nose to severely bleed.
"When I saw the video, I was upset and furious all at the same time," Dylan's mother Jackee Fonner said.
Dylan tried to get out of the van near 12th Street and Edgmont Avenue in Chester, but the driver wouldn't let him.
"He didn't even give my son a cotton ball to clean the blood off of him, my son had to use his flannel shirt to clean his face off. He just did absolutely nothing," Jackee Fonner said.
Chester City Police Commissioner Joseph Bail says not only did the 34-year-old bus driver not step in, but the district never reported the assault.
"I have a problem with a grown adult not reporting it," Bail said.
Dylan was treated at a local hospital, but his mother got him out of town after the alleged attacker posted the video to Facebook.
County Alternative High is operated by the Delaware County Intermediate Unit and teaches students with behavioral issues.
The executive director wouldn't tell Action News the status of the alleged attackers, but says the incident is a matter for police and Southeast Delco which provides transportation and the drivers.
"He has a responsibility to inform his superiors and the police of a criminal act," Bail said.
delaware county news, chester news, pennsylvania news, beating, school, school bus, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives 53 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 54 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 29 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 55 min ago
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in 25 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
44 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
54 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
55 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
29 min ago