EVRAZ shutting down operations in Claymont
CLAYMONT, Del. - October 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Steel company EVRAZ is shutting down its operations at a steel mill in Claymont.
The company says that over the next two months about 375 employees will complete processing and shipping of existing products and prepare the mill to be shut down.
The company says it will consider restarting operations as soon as market conditions improve.
A small crew will remain to maintain the site.
The company's Claymont operation makes steel plate and custom plate products for industrial customers. The work being done at Claymont will shift to EVRAZ facilities in Portland, Ore., and Canada.
The plant along Philadelphia Pike and the Delaware River is 93 years old.
delaware news, new castle county news, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 51 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 44 min ago
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
4 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos