Soldier from Lancaster County killed in Afghanistan
WASHINGTON - October 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Military authorities say a Colorado-based Green Beret from Pennsylvania was killed over the weekend during an attack on his base in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense said 26-year-old Staff Sgt. Patrick Quinn of Quarrysville in Lancaster County died Sunday in Patika Province in Afghanistan.
Officials said he died of injuries sustained after "the enemy attacked his base with small arms fire."
The 2005 Solanco High graduate was assigned to 34d Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group in Fort Carson, Colo.
The U.S. Army Special Forces said in a statement that Quinn is survived by his wife and their three sons.
pennsylvania news, military, lancaster county news, afghanistan, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ