Camelback Mountain Resort sold, but operators to remain
TANNERSVILLE, Pa. - October 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania ski resort has been sold to a real estate investment company, but officials say the resort operators will remain.
The Pocono Record says EPR Properties bought Camelback Mountain Resort last week from Spirit Realty Capital for $69.25 million.
The resort is leased by operators CBH2O, the principals of which are local businessman Art Berry and partner Ken Ellis.
Berry says it will be "business as usual" following the sale.
The resort earlier announced plans to add an indoor water park, a 453-room hotel, restaurants and conference areas. Officials hope to finish construction by Christmas of next year.
Information from: Pocono Record, http://www.poconorecord.com/
poconos, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 11 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 1 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
11 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
10 min ago